• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Black Friday Experience

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if the topic does not fit here.
Please bear with me as the story is a bit long.

I've been looking into a laptop for quite some time now and apple's black Friday deal was the last thing that closed the deal for me into getting one. So I placed an order online for a 13" macbook air on Friday for the $101 discount. I checked my order online today and found out it was canceled for some reason. I called them not knowing why it was canceled, the representative said there was little notes left on why it was canceled...after a while he said apple called my office and no one answered so they canceled my order. Please note that this is a Saturday on a thanksgiving weekend, I was not there.

He said he was going to transfer me to reiterate my order; I was disconnected for some reason. I called them back going through all the explanations again, this time the 2nd representative told me that I should call my bank to see if that was the reason they canceled my order and was asked to call them back.

So I called my bank to see what was going on and found out there wasn't any problem and the amount was approved. I called apple back for a third time explaining the situation and was put on hold. He came back telling me the reason my order was canceled was because apple called me on Saturday and some one said I was not there.

All I am asking is to just process my order with the $101 discount, so they put me on hold again and the rep came back telling me because it is company policy that they couldn't reach me they have the right to cancel my order. At this point I am just frustrated, I think it is unfair and stupid that they called me at my office on Saturday on a Thanksgiving weekend...They did not email me or call me on my home phone... I told him to speak to his manager and he said he advised him the best thing he could do is a $50 discount.

I am asking you guys for suggestion on what to do at this point; I personally think the policy is stupid. They could have hold until Monday to call me or email me or call my home phone. It seems like they don't want to honor the black friday discount...

Thanks for reading.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
why did you give them your work number in the first place?

OP
P
Reaction score
The shipment is going to a commercial address and I put the number correlating to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yes, the policy is stupid. I completely agree. Nought I can do about it though, or even recommend.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yep, I'd be... uhm... not happy either.

I'd be calling them until they re-instated my order or personally got to talk to someone higher up the chain of command and if they're offering $50 off - it should be the original discount plus another $50 at this point.
And be sending emails to anywhere Apple corporate I could get.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Buy it from someone else then, if you don't like their policies. Easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
That doesn't sound like a very pleasant experience at all.

Not sure how far away from an Apple store you are, but if it's possible, I'd be taking a trip down there to have a little "chat" in person to see what the problem was. It's easy for them to deny you the discount over the phone, but if you're there, looking the guy in the eye, it's a lot harder for them to say no.

Reaction score
Is Apple just calling random orders that were placed? I didn't get a call for the high end 27" iMac I ordered online (probably a higher bill than the op's MBA here). First time I heard about this. Wow...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.