• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Best Buy's lame Cyber Monday sale.. or..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
How not to live up to your own advertising...

I've been laughing at this all morning.

(oh and thanks Amazon for having the same price, and actually working)

Screen Shot 2011-11-28 at 9.50.37 AM.png

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm sure who ever did the website is getting praises from the higher ups.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I have never taken an online survey for a purchase before, but decided to do so because of my little fiasco with Best Buy on B Friday. You can be sure it was fair and accurate. Mostly a bunch of 1's where 1 = completely unsatisfactory etc. I did also take the time to write a little something, in hopes that a human being would actually read it and pass the info down the chain. Doubt it but, I needed to vent anyway.

Doug

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Not trying to turn this into a "Black Friday/Cyber Monday" complaints thread...but WOW...did I have a terrible experience today.

I bought a pair of shoes online from Sears last week (great price, free shipping)...unfortunately they didn't fit...so I need to return/exchange them. Turns out the size I need is not available at a local Sears store...or even via online.

So I checked my online order e-mail delivery conformation and it had a "customer service chat" link...so I thought hey...I'll give it a shot regarding my exchange/return.

Long story short...I started this process at 12:45pm...and ended at 2:30pm(1 hour, 45 minutes). I "spoke" with four different customer service people. The first three I gave up on...the last one I "stuck it out with"...and it took 40 minutes to find out the following three facts:

- yes there was no shoe available for exchange in the size I needed locally or online
- I could return the shoes to a local Sears store (no kidding)
- I could ship the return...but I would have to pay the return shipping

Turns out (afterwards) I went to the Sears "return policy" web page...and gathered all this info in less than 2 minutes!!!

Basically I thought that I would try the online chat (versus the web page) thinking that they might have free return shipping (and be able to e-mail me a nice easy return label)...or they would have some special system to find me a replacement pair of shoes in my size.

Any of you guys seen those Discover credit card "Peggy" commercials? Well Sears owns Discover card. The Discover card commercials (featuring the male customer service person named "Peggy") poke fun at other credit card companies rewards programs.

Maybe Sears should take a closer look at their own online customer service chat...because I swear...it was EXACTLY like dealing with "Peggy" in the Discover card commercials!!!:(;)

- Nick

p.s. I have no explanation why the Sears customer service online chat people were slow slowwww...other than:

- they were actually helping like 10-20 people at the same time
- they was some sort of company holiday party going on...and they were "working" at the same time;)
- they were/are totally incompetent :(:(

No way it should take 40 minutes to find out the same info it took me 2 minutes to find on their webpage.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey Nick.....

The current Sears catalogue is not your Grandad's! Sears once stood for quality and great customer service. Where that went to and why it turned into "Peggy" is apparent when you go into one their remaining stores....

"Wally World" is slowing driving all the old timers out of business. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The current Sears catalogue is not your Grandad's! Sears once stood for quality and great customer service. Where that went to and why it turned into "Peggy" is apparent when you go into one their remaining stores....

Yeah...I know what you mean...sad but true. Seems like almost everyone is selling "Craftsman" these days...one of the true quality brands Sears has/had.

I remember the days in early December (as a kid)...excitedly looking thru the Sears Christmas Catalog (page by page)...trying to find stuff to let "Santa" know what I was wishing/hoping for!:):)

- Nick

OP
Dysfunction
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I think Sears' problems are greater than the evil that stems from Bentonville. I also think that Discover's far more lucrative these days. One thing's for sure, if the brick and mortars don't wise up and provide the SERVICE they (theoretically) can offer in a superior fashion to online stores we may be mail ordering everything.

Of course, I'd really just prefer to deal with locally owned/operated businesses, but those ARE suffering under the mega-marts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
Yep. Sears of today isn't the store of thirty years ago. Over the years they have managed to drive us away totally. I tried again last year and bought a TV from them assuming that they still at least had good service. When it had a problem, I couldn't believe it when the service phone was answered by a person in a far away land who thought she could speak English. She was so focused telling me how valuable a customer I was and on the fact that I WAS going to buy some service contract before she could move on to my problem, that I hung up and called an independent.

As far as Wally World, I still have a full sized brown paper sack from them from years ago that has printed on it in big blue letters...

"We always buy American, so YOU can too!"

OP
Dysfunction
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As far as Wally World, I still have a full sized brown paper sack from them from years ago that has printed on it in big blue letters...

"We always buy American, so YOU can too!"

Oh, how ironic now!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.