AirPort can't find Time Capsule

obt

Reaction score
I have an iMac connecting happily to my internet router with AirPort, but AirPort can't find my Time Capsule (which sits one foot away from the iMac). It was working OK, but a pop-up offered an update to firmware for the capsule which I downloaded - since when AirPort can't find the capsule. When it was working, it flashed yellow when the iMac was sleeping (and green when awake). Any suggestions please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
How is the time capsule connected to your router?

OP
O

obt

Reaction score
Airport can't find Time capsule

The TC was not connected to the router, but I have now connected it with an ethernet cable - to no effect.

OP
O

obt

Reaction score
I have now got it working.. One problem was that because it had been working before (ie I was not doing an initial installation) I found it difficult to get the "manual install" button to activate. I can't remember how I did it in the end, either!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.