Creating sites like Amazon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB003LL/A
Just out of curiosity, how does one create a site like Amazon? Try looking on the web, all it brings me to is eCommerce building. Any suggestion where to go about? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I'm not really sure myself, but Amazon certainly wasn't created by any "basic" forms of programming. You'll probably need knowledge in a variety of different web development softwares

C

chas_m

1. One hires a (literal) army of web programmers. NOT designers.
2. One spends several million dollars a month on hosting, salaries and operations.
3. One builds ginormous server farms.
4. One spends years building relationships with vendors and content providers, wrestling with record companies and film studios, etc.
5. One waits about 10 years to see the first dime of profit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 5
If you are talking straight eCommerce (which I am going to assume you are), then there are some great programs out that will probably work. If you want it to look EXACTLY like amazon, then you will need to follow the steps chas_m listed above ;)

PrestaShop is a great eCommerce platform that does not take too much coding/server knowledge to integrate. More info about them is located at PrestaShop Free Open-Source e-Commerce Software for Web 2.0 .

In order for all of this to work, you of course need a hosting company, domain name, etc.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.