Macbook Pro vs. Macbook

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What's the main differences between the macbook pro and macbook?

Are you talking brand new computers or used? If you're talking new computers only...Apple discontinued MacBook models at least a few months ago. So now only MacBook Pros are available.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 15" MBP 2.6GHz i7, Late-2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5, Early-2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Xeon
The MacBook Pros are available with more powerful processors than the MacBook. Also the MacBook (white and black) only came in 13" but the Pro was 13" 15" and 17". Also you have more room to upgrade on it. If you can afford an old Pro go for it, because it will stay compatible with certain programs and OSX updates longer than an average MacBook would. You can check out <MacBenchmarks to compare the specific models you are looking into so you can find how close or far apart the two models you are looking at are in terms of processing power etc. My CoreDuo 2Ghz MacBook has fully upgraded RAM a bigger HDD and is running Snow and it only scored 2525(you can download the app and run a system check) and a MBP would score at least @ 3k...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.