Running an .exe

Reaction score
Hey guys so ive been trying to figure this out for awhile. Im trying to just run a simple .exe file. Its a launcher for a game that i have. I bought the game for my windows then realized there was a ported version for mac. So i got the port but im not able to run the launcher for the game. Its just a simple .exe file.

I dont think that crossover will work because from what i tried and read it only works for programs that it supports.

I've been spending alot of time trying to use this thing called Mono but i dont really understand it at all. I got into this whole process of i think developing an app through this tutorial. I got totally lost and gave up.

Does anyone have any suggestions of an easy way to do this? Or a way with a very detailed and helpful explanation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Exe files are Windows executables except for .NET applications that you run through Mono. You've tried using Mono but that will only work if the application is a .NET application.

What application is this?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Skyrim is a Windows only game and much too complex to try and emulate. Your best bet would be to install Windows on your Mac through Boot Camp and run it that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.