Mail and multiple accounts

W

wilfried

Hello
I got my first Mac last night. ;) (ibook)
So far so good ;) I got a lot of things set up, network, bluetooth modem :D

I have a small problem with Mail.
On the Apple support site it says:

To have email from POP accounts appear in separate mailboxes, open their settings in the Accounts pane of Mail preferences and select "Show this account separately in mailboxes drawer."​

Problem is that option is nowhere to be found. Is there a new version of Mail or did I not look in the right place?
I've looked in the screen where you set up the accounts. I tried all the tabs too.

Thanks for any help. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I don't use multiple accounts so im not too sure but this should work.

Go to Mailbox --> New
and create as many mailboxes as you need with the names you want
then go to the message rules and set it to have all of the emails directed to each email address go into the specified folder of your choice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
I'm not quite sure what it is exactly you want - but if you click the triangle next to the inbox you get all your different accounts' inboxes separately. The option suggested above is also good if you want the folders displayed in line with all the others.

OP
W

wilfried

muso said:
I'm not quite sure what it is exactly you want - but if you click the triangle next to the inbox you get all your different accounts' inboxes separately. The option suggested above is also good if you want the folders displayed in line with all the others.

Thanks that will do :) I did not see the triangle.... doh!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.