Getting Bookmarks from Firefox

Reaction score
I've recently switched from a PC to a Macbook Pro and have had a little trouble getting my bookmarks from Firefox on the PC to Safari. I downloaded Firefox for Mac and got the Firefox bookmarks onto the MB using an external HD but when I try doing the same to get them into Safari all is a really old set of bookmarks from when I was still using IE6. Since I have all the current bookmarks on the MB (in Firefox) is there a way to migrate those over to Safari and replace all the old IE bookmarks?

Also, when Safari shows the bookmarks sidebar it also displays whatever sub-folder might be open on the bottom half of the screen and usually a blank top half of the screen instead of the page I was viewing. I'd like to have the sidebar on the left and have the sub-folder expand or collapse when I click on it the way FF does.......is this possible in Safari?

I'd like to give Safari a chance but these issues are pretty annoying so for the moment, FF is the default browser.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.