4S Frozen help!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 15" MBP 2.6GHz i7, Late-2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5, Early-2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Xeon
Hello everyone, I have an iPhone 4S and it is frozen. It is in that black screen with the pinwheel that shows when it is about to turn off. Every once in a while it will spin for one revolution then stay frozen for a while. The phone has also gotten warm. I haven't restarted the phone in a while, so i think that's the issue, but i can't restart it in this frozen state. I can't get it to sync with itunes either (i thought it might help plugging it to the computer). I was thinking of just letting the battery run flat but it is fully charged so idk how long that will take. Any advice? thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Press and hold the top button and home button simultaneously until the display clears. After that, you should be able to boot it normally.

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 15" MBP 2.6GHz i7, Late-2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5, Early-2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Xeon
Press and hold the top button and home button simultaneously until the display clears. After that, you should be able to boot it normally.

Thanks soo much, i was getting worried there haha. Should i shut it off for a bit to let it cool or is it fine if i leave it in sleep?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks soo much, i was getting worried there haha. Should i shut it off for a bit to let it cool or is it fine if i leave it in sleep?

When you do what I described above, you're not putting it to sleep. You're doing a cold shut down. So, no programs are running and the OS is shut down.

You can safely boot it straight back up. Most likely, something caused the system to hang. A cold reboot will likely cure it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.