uninstall Weatherblink

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Newbie mistake. I download the weatherblink. It is currently resides underneath my tool bar.
I have googled and tried multiple ways of removing this program to no avail. It is not even in my application folder.
Help me, you experts!
Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I assume this is an extension of some sort for a web browser. You didn't say what web browser you are using. If you have Chrome, do these suggestions below help?
Has anyone tried Weatherblink toolbar and then tried to uninstall it?? - Google Chrome Help

In Firefox 8.0.1, I was able to remove it by going to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions and removing it from there.

If this doesn't help, please be more specific on what browser you are using (if this is even related to a web browser) and the version of the browser; what version of OS X you are running; and where you got this toolbar from.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Since this toolbar is Windows only and not even available for OS X - where and how did you install it?

What Mac and what version of OS X are you using?

And what browser are you using

A screenshot would be good also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Bob… I found it here:
Download Toolbar

Although since uninstalling it and restarting Firefox, I discovered that the little ******* had changed my search engine to their website and that didn't get removed. So… if that is the problem the OP is referring to, here's an additional instruction:

Click on the drop-down toolbar on the left-side of the search box and select "Manage Search Engines"; select the "weatherblink Customized…" and remove it.

I scoured my hard drive using EasyFind and it didn't turn up anything with the name "weatherblink", so between the two tips, that should do it.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Still won't download with my version of Safari. Will check the others.

Won't install in Chrome either and lists at the bottom of that download page it's for Windows only.

Will try FF next, but my guess is the extension is not working properly on any OS X browser.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In FF, just went to Tools - Extensions and used the Remove/Uninstall option there. Took it all out - I did not let it change my default anything when I installed it though.

Note to others:

Whenever you see "Conduit" anything related to add on toolbars - I can only recommend that you never install any of them. That is some of the most intrusive stuff you can put in any browser.

Actually, I recommend not using any "toolbar' browser add-ons. All of them can be a pitr to get rid of.

OP
N
Reaction score
oops

I probably termed "tool bar" wrongly. The weatherblink bar is beneath my bookmark bar in Safari 5.1.1.
See I am a newbie!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I probably termed "tool bar" wrongly. The weatherblink bar is beneath my bookmark bar in Safari 5.1.1.
See I am a newbie!

Where did you get this thing from? I can't find a Weatherblink toolbar that is compatible with Safari.

OP
N
Reaction score
It was one of the advertisement that popped up. The issue is I do lots of financial transaction on this laptop. Now you are scaring me.
Is there a way I can take a snapshot of the screen and post it on here for demo?
Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, but first off, and this is for everyone else reading this thread - did you not learn in Windows to N E V E R install A N Y T H I N G that just pops up out of the blue in your browser on the web?

Have you opened up Safari - Preferences - Extensions tab - is it listed there? - highlighted it - then clicked the Uninstall option?

Toolbar is quite correct - every bar at the top of your browser would be called a "toolbar".

Take a screenshot - press & hold the 'command' and 'shift' keys - then press the number '3' key
Posting a screenshot - click the 'Go Advanced' button below the Message box - scroll down to Manage Attachments section to add it to your post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.