Blurry pixels on Macbook Pro's Screen!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram
Blurry White pixels on Macbook Pro's Screen!

Hey I have recently noticed lots of blurry dots on my macbook pro. Some are in little clumps and some are like a single pixel. What are they? Can I fix this? I got my Macbook Pro only a year ago! I hope to keep my Mac for a long time and I dont understand this! Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is your MBP still under warranty or extended Apple care? If it is, make an appointment with your local Apple store genius and have them look at it. It could be a defective LCD. However, before you do, did the screen undergo any damage like a hard bump or closing the lid on a pencil or other object?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is your MBP still under warranty or extended Apple care? If it is, make an appointment with your local Apple store genius and have them look at it. It could be a defective LCD. However, before you do, did the screen undergo any damage like a hard bump or closing the lid on a pencil or other object?

No my Apple computer is not under warranty and it has not been damaged in anyway to the screen or the whole computer. I am one of those people that takes extremely good care of my mac and it is in perfect condition.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think its a white dot and it is visible on white surfaces but not on black surfaces.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It does sound like bad pixels are beginning to show up on the LCD. I would take it on in to an Apple store anyway even if the warranty has expired. Sometimes the folks at the Apple store will repair it for free even if it's out of warranty. You've nothing to lose by asking.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So they can repair it??? :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
do i get a free 1 year warranty?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nevermind i have a warranty! I taking it in soon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.