Liquid splashed on my macbook pro keyboard!

Reaction score
A few hours ago, I splashed a little bit of liquid on my keyboard and started freaking out. I wiped it right away and everything has been fine since. However, now I am worried that the damage will show up later and I do not know what to do. Is there any way rather than opening up the laptop to see whether or not damage occurred?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Turn it off for a few days and place it open upside down. Make sure it is dry. If it is fine now it will probably be fine later if you let it dry.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you! My only issue now is that 4-5 of the keys are sticking when I type and it's driving me crazy! I am scared to take them off and clean inside, so I was wondering if anyone knows if I take it into the apple store, can they clean it for me? And if yes, what is the average price?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can do it yourself really easily and it is not that hard. Pull on the top left and with some pressure the key should pop off. You can use a q tip and a little rubber alchol and clean the area and that should take car of it. Then you just pop the key back on.

OP
M
Reaction score
I was able to get them off however now can't pop them back on! the key came off with the little rubber ring still on it..was that not supposed to come off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here is a video I found on youtube
How to re-assemble a Key on APPLE MACBOOK keyboard topcase - YouTube
I hope this helps when you say rubber piece which do you mean.
3a98020b.jpg

or
f1b3d445.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your welcome. These are the best machines when they are working. I am happy that the water didn't damage your computer at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.