Ipod touch 3g issues.

Reaction score
Hey I bought a 64gb ipod touch 3g about a year and a half ago, and in July it started having issues. Randomly, the ipod would just shut off, and I couldn't use it again until one of two things happened. 1.) I plugged it into my computer (itwas recognized on the computer, but the ipod's screen remained black.) and formatted it, after which it functioned as normally for anywhere between 3 hours and 3 days until it randomly shut off again. 2.) I let the battery completely drain, then I plugged it in. When i did the second one, it is as if the battery was just dead, and the screen comes right on, then it functioned as normally until it randomly shut off again. It is fully updated, and I have tried everything I could think of. Does anyone have any ideas? (I would really like to not send it in to apple) Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It's a bad battery or a faulty circuit board. There's really nothing else it could be considering you've already tried restoring it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes, I've tried restoring it. How much would a repair for that cost me do you think?

OP
J
Reaction score
What is the best way to go about that? I am several hundred miles away from the nearest apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
What is the best way to go about that? I am several hundred miles away from the nearest apple store.

That's a mail-in service to a 3rd party that I linked to. Their rates should be much better than Apple's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
It's a faulty board. Have you exposed it to moisture my friends iPhone 4 did this after she dropped it in water.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.