is iPhoto the best to print from?

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have found that all images I print from iPhoto come out darker and more saturated on my HP printer than what I see on my screen. Is it because my printer settings are not correct? Is it because my iPhoto settings are not correct? Both? Or would I better off printing from Photoshop instead?
This is very frustrating not to mention a waste of time, ink and paper.
Thank you!

Larry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Have you actually tried printing from another piece of software to see if it makes a difference? It shouldn't matter what software you are printing from unless you adjusted it first. It may well be your monitor isn't calibrated, or the printer isn't. HP has tools for calibrating their printers.
Mac OS: Using the Toolbox to Align, Clean, Test, or Calibrate Print Cartridges HP 910 Printer - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

And you can calibrate your monitor:
Get the right colors on your Mac display | Macworld

Depending on your printer, and especially if it's a cheap one, you shouldn't expect to get prints that look as good as what you'd get from a photo processing center.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.