Terminal Help !

Reaction score
Hi,

I followed some instructions to install 'Sickbeard' via terminal and somehow got lost in the Terminal maze - it never worked so i just left it at that - no big deal - but ever since my Mac has been very slow as if it is working on things in the background - could this be the terminal commands that I entered?? .. and if so how do I reverse them???! ... These are the commands that I had entered...

10 ssh [email protected]
11 ssh [email protected]
12 ssh [email protected]
13 ssh [email protected]
14 sudo python setup.py install
15 sudo python setup.py install
16 cd /Users/Matt\ B/Downloads/Cheetah-2.4.4
17 sudo python setup.py install
18 cd /Applications
19 git clone git://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git
20 cd /Applications/Sick-Beard
21 python sickbeard.py
22 cd '/Applications/Sick-Beard/' && '/usr/bin/pythonw' '/Applications/Sick-Beard/SickBeard.py' && echo Exit status: $? && exit 1

Any chance they could be causing a problem?

..Thank you!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It might be. None of those commands are necessarily problematic in and of themselves although I don't know why you're ssh'ing four times in a row.

The last line is where "SickBeard" is executed. It's executed by the Python interpreter which can be killed (quit) easily with the following command:
Code:
killall Python
If SickBeard is still open, that will kill it. Note though that will kill other Python apps open.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.