PowerBook problem...

Reaction score
Hello,
Recently my powerbook has been working slower then average, and the noise for the cooler or for the fan is ALWAYs on (the noise that starts to work when the pb is performing a lot of tasks). This noise is not only annoying it also indicates that there is some kind of problem with my mac. Can anyone please suggest what this problem might be? Thank you.

L

lil

Go to Applications and then Utilities folder, (or command + shift + u on finder desktop) and double click Activity Monitor.

Select CPU from the bottom list of tabs, and then sort the main listview by the CPU column, decending, then you will see what is takingmost CPU time and maybe what needs killing off.

Vicky

OP
ldjalal
Reaction score
lil said:
Go to Applications and then Utilities folder, (or command + shift + u on finder desktop) and double click Activity Monitor.

Select CPU from the bottom list of tabs, and then sort the main listview by the CPU column, decending, then you will see what is takingmost CPU time and maybe what needs killing off.

Vicky

Ok thanks, I am going to check it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.