Mail has quit on my iPad

Reaction score
I hope this is an appropriate forum for an iPad question. I have had this iPad for about 3 months now and until yesterday it has been a joy to have and use.

What has happened is that when I click on the Mail icon on the iPad the screen just goes black. I can access mail OK in my iMac but not on the iPad. I don't know if it "choked" on something that was coming in, perhaps an attachment, but I'd like to know what to do to get it working again as it is very convenient not to have to go to my office to check my mail.

Darrell (fussyoldfart) McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Have you tried shutting down the iPad and firing it back up again?

OP
F
Reaction score
Not yet but it's right at my elbow and I have just shut it down by the power switch. Hold on - OK it's back on and there is one unread message in the Mail. I can see that too on my iMac.

You are a hero! Thank you. I thought that only worked in MS Windows :D

Thanks again.

Darrell

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Haha, you're welcome! Glad you got it sorted, unfortunately I'm not savvy enough to tell you what caused the problem, but if it works it matters not! ;)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Fortunately, that old restart trick works for a multitude of strange things on just about any OS you can name.

Still a good one Chuck - I wouldn't have thought of that first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.