Photo printing problem

Reaction score
Having trouble printing photos on a Lexmark Interpret S400 from iPhoto. The photos are coming out with fine lines (red) in the darker color areas of the print. Here is the sequence I went through to print.

In iPhoto selected the photo to print. File > Print > Printer = S300-S400 series Mac****.
Presets = photo on photo paper – fine
Paper size=US 4x6 (borderless)
Print size =borderless
> print
Printer = same
Print

I have installed new cartridges (all 3 colors and black)
I have done ‘Align’
I have done ’Deep clean print head’

Oddly, when I print in ink saver mode the lines do not appear.

Any help will be appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB003LL/A
Just wondering, have you tried other than iPhoto to print? This problem is not usually caused by the software. I think you might have a problem with the cartridges bleeding.

OP
P
Reaction score
Just wondering, have you tried other than iPhoto to print? This problem is not usually caused by the software. I think you might have a problem with the cartridges bleeding.

This is very odd. I opened the same photo in Preview and told it to print with the same settings and it was fine. What does that mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch MBP 2.5 ghz i7 16 GB Antiglare screen
darker colors require more ink than lighter colors. I wonder if your paper isn't handling the heavier ink application in the standard printing modes... in ink saver mode the lines don't appear simply because there's less ink. Are you using a high quality photo paper? And are you matching the paper type in the printer driver to the correct type/weight of paper? That might be the cause of the problem.

OP
P
Reaction score
darker colors require more ink than lighter colors. I wonder if your paper isn't handling the heavier ink application in the standard printing modes... in ink saver mode the lines don't appear simply because there's less ink. Are you using a high quality photo paper? And are you matching the paper type in the printer driver to the correct type/weight of paper? That might be the cause of the problem.

Thank you for the input. After several go rounds with Lexmark tech support (I love that company) they determined the print head had failed (under warranty). They sent me a replacement in two days time. That solved the problem

poppi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.