iCloud, Where are my Bookmarks and pictures?

Reaction score
As the tittle states where exactly are my bookmarks stored on iCloud? and also my pictures? if i understand correctly is supposed to stored both of this but i fail to see where they are when i login into my account. And just to be sure iPhoto does not = iCloud picture storage right? Sorry if it's a dumb question but I'm still trying to get familiar with this whole iCloud ordeal. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Ok, let's start with some terminology.

Cloud storage is simply online storage. This means that the data is stored in a network accessible datacenter. In this case, at Apple's datacenter(s). The way that iCloud works is that the data is transmitted to their datacenter storage and held there. It is NOT directly accessible by you. That is to say that you can not 'browse' to your iCloud account data. It's pushed to your iCloud enabled applications. So, your bookmarks would be available via the cloud if they were not available locally.

Now, the photostream. This is different.

Photostream is only photos added to the stream (either taken on an iOS device, or imported into iPhoto) within the LAST 30 DAYS. After 30 days, they're removed from the photostream.

They show in iPhoto under 'Photostream' on the left hand panel (where Devices are)

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. That helped a lot. See, i was under the impression that i would be able to access these directly in my account.

And thanks for the iPhoto explanation as i was not aware that they woukd be removed after 30 days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 iMac running Sonoma. 1TB SSD, 16 gigs RAM. iPhone 15 Max Pro, iPad Air
One of the reasons I had MobileMe was so family members could upload and download pictures without having to e-mail them. Doesn't work that way in iCloud. Matter of fact it's hard for ME to see the pictures. That sucks and is not what I expect from Apple.

Have heard the Apple is working to fix that issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Fix for what issue? They're NOT going to continue the Gallery (or the iWeb for that matter) service. Might as well just get a Flickr, Picasa, or smugmug account for sharing pictures easily.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.