easy and quick start

Reaction score
Why do all kind of windows start i.e. system configuration and more when I start my computer. I have a macbook with snow leapard 5.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
check what you have marked as starting up at startup by: apple icon -> system preferences -> accounts -> Login items (tab)

uncheck or add whatever programs you desire.

Other than that there might be some program that needs to be configured still or you've answered or not answered a question (within it's installation). For instance many programs will allow you to check or uncheck "always show at startup"

hope that helps

OP
K
Reaction score
Many thanks, I'll try that.
Now I have a completely new problem. I know I should start a new thread but I can't find the Thread Starter:

All of a sudden my Macbook (Snow Leopard OS 5.8) is not working, I turn it on this morning and the screen went light grey as it is when you start up, but got stuck. The apple is there and the turning wheel, but the wheel just carries on turning and it won't go on to where I can type in my password. I've tried turning it on an off but the same results.
Last night I tried to install typo3 which didn't seem to work. Maybe that had something to do with the problem!!!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
You can try waiting a little longer or starting it up in safe mode Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode. There have been some programs that I have uninstalled or even with some updates that it just seemed to take a little long for startup initially (I think sometimes files need to be reordered or cleaned up)..

How did you uninstall typos3?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.