Plugging my old G4 hard drive into my new I Mac

Reaction score
I have a new I mac 27" and my old G4 is dead. Power supply is burned out and not worth fixing an 8yr old computer. I pulled out the internal hard drive and plugged it into a hard drive enclosure. The enclosure can be plugged in via USB. I want to know before I start if its ok to plug this hard drive into my new computer taking into consideration the old internal hard drive also contains the old operating system. Will there be some kind of conflict between my old hard drive and the new computer? I have many pictures in Iphoto which I need to transfer over, can I transfer my pictures from the old iphoto library into my new library? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
No, there will not be any conflict. Your Mac can't boot from the OS X version that's on that hard drive, anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
You could get an external hard drive casing an then use it to get your files back and to use for backups.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.