dvi to vga cable

Reaction score
i want to connect my macpro to my hdtv using the dvi to vga cable. i already have to many things connected to the hdmi ports so thats out of the question and the this port on my tv is open. i assume ill need a separate cable for sound. any suggestions ?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
i want to connect my macpro to my hdtv using the dvi to vga cable. i already have to many things connected to the hdmi ports so thats out of the question and the this port on my tv is open. i assume ill need a separate cable for sound. any suggestions ?

What further suggestions do you need? You pretty much spelled things out. To connect your Mac pro to you HDTV you need:

- a dvi to vga cable
- an audio cable

...that's pretty much it.:)

- Nick

p.s. I will mention this. If you're connecting your Mac Pro to your HDTV...and a "vga" port is involved...more than likely you're NOT going to get the resolutions you desire...and you're almost definitely NOT going to get any "widescreen" resolutions. The VGA port is just not designed that way.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
am i smart or what

Don't get a BIG head.;) You already knew all the answers...so your post probably was unnecessary!;)

Connecting via VGA is not the best way...but it will get the job done.

Good luck,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.