Problem with cookies

Reaction score
Hello,
I have the following problem – I’ve developed a site and there is a simple login form which sets cookie. In Windows it works fine, both on Firefox and IE9. On my customer’s Mac it the cookie is not saved (checked with Safari and Firefox). On other Mac computer it works fine. The problematic computer runs Mac OS X version 10.6.6
I guess it’s something about privacy settings, although we’ve checked Firefox settings and they allow cookies.

Any idea what can I check/do?

Thank you in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It has to be a preference setting. Safari, FF, and Chrome will all save cookies unless the privacy option or selective cookie save option is selected. Works basically the same way that the Windows browsers do. Your customer is doing something wrong.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you for the answer.
It means that there is no OS setting that can prevent cookies?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, it's strictly done from within the browser being used. There are no general security settings in "System Preferences" that deal with cookies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.