Should I get a new Macbook Pro 13" or upgrade some components on my tried and true?

Reaction score
I currently have a brand new 13" Macbook Pro (with the i5) with a 14 day return policy sitting next to my 2006 Macbook...I was excited about my new laptop until I started to look into comparisons between the i5 and i7 which lead me to a lot of complaints of overheating. My old Mac has never let me down and as I type this it is sitting on a pillow which is the only time I ever hear the fan run loudly, which makes me worry that perhaps I am buying a lemon and would be better off building up the computer I have...Any thoughts would be welcomed, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro osx lion 10.7 2.3ghz intel core i5 4gb memory intel hd graphics 3000 384 mb
I just bought my macbook pro recently too and haven't had a single problem yet..the only time i have had a problem is whenever i play steam games sometimes it can be a bit laggy..but i gift plans on upgrading the memory pretty soon which should take care of that problem i hope..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 15" MBP 2.6GHz i7, Late-2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5, Early-2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Xeon
Well if you have an 06 MacBook like mine with the CoreDuo processor i'd say stay with the new MBP. Our systems can only go to 2gb RAM and the processors really limit what you can do with different software. It is a great computer but if you can upgrade to an i5 MBP i say it's a big step up. If your overheating a lot and it is something unique to your specific computer, I would return it and then buy another one, then problem solved.

Reaction score
I'd say stick with the new macbook pro that you just got. the macbook is a nice little machine, but it's no pro, and you're covered with the pro if you have any problems with it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.