Safari 5.1.1 homepage

Reaction score
OK, had this Macbook Pro for a year. Haven't done any recent updates. Suddenly Safari 5.1.1 opens to a blank page. I've checked preferences, tried typing in several different sites as home pages, tried selecting current page, reset Safari, relaunched, rebooted. Searched this site & saw that others had this problem with Safari 4 but nothing works!!!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Cheryl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

When you reach one of your favorite sites, when loaded go into Safari Preferences > General and tick the set to current page box.

Reaction score
This worked for me!(So far!!)

I had the same problem. (OS 10.7.2 and Safari 5.1.1. on an iMac 27")

It started a few days ago and got steadily worse. I have no idea why or what caused it.

Some - but not all, webpages would seem to load, appearing for a second or two before displaying a white blank page only. I could not find any solutions in forums, however I seem to have solved it like this:

1. From the Safari Menu> Reset Safari ( I Checked - Clear History, Top Sites, Downloads / Autofill / Close Windows and Remove Website Data). I proceeded with the reset - it took a minute or two of the beachball.

2. I then forced a quit of safari, even though it was responding normally, rather than normal quit, then started as normal.

It seems to have worked so far, in that the websites that were not loading properly do so now. Good Luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.