Outlook 2011 for Mac

Reaction score
Is there any way to have "replies" sent to a different email address than the address the email was "sent" from? This was/is a pretty basic function of Outlook for PC's for more than a decade so it stands to reason that it would be here but I am unable to find it? Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I support Outlook 2011
Hi Mike,

When you press 'Reply' you should be able to manually change the address you are replying to.

-Shane Toutges
Microsoft Business Enterprise
Office 2011 Core Team

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
What e-mail accounts are you using? Yahoo, Gmail? You can change your reply-to emails directly through the options on their mail sites.

Reaction score
Misunderstanding

Both of the above replies belie a misunderstanding of the question. The feature for which the asker is looking is one that I believe is only available on the PC versions of Outlook. It allows the user to send an email to a recipient, & specify a different address to which any replies to the email are sent. Example: [email protected] sends an email to [email protected], & the sender wants any replies coming from recipient to be sent to [email protected]. When the recipient clicks Reply, instead of replying to [email protected], he replies to [email protected].

This is useful in a situation where an executive assistant monitors emails that come to his/her employer's email, looking for administrative items on which he/she can take action so the employer doesn't have to. The employer has more than one email address, & wants to make sure that any business correspondance goes through the business email address (so that the assistant can see it), even though he/she may be sending from a personal email account.

So, going back to the original question, is this feature available, & if so, how does one activate it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I support Outlook 2011
Hey secti,

Thanks for the clarification! You are right, that function is not available in Outlook 2011 for Mac (Honestly, I haven't seen this function in Outlook 2010 either. If you have instructions for 2010, let me know and that may help).

Outlook 2011 does support send as and send on behalf of, with the correct permissions. Once you have the permissions, and the users mailbox/calendar setup, you can change the email you are SENDING from in the "From:" Field.

A workaround for this is to CC the email address you want a reply to, and then ask the recipient to 'Reply All'.

Hope this helps! Let me know.

-Shane

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi Shane:

Glad to see you back. Lots of Outlook questions have been popping up and as always we appreciate any help you can give. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.