Installing GAME ! PLS HELP

Reaction score
hello guys, i just joined the forum. I hope you can help me..

I want to install this game called Counter Strike 1.6 on my MacBook Pro..
There is this account you have to create when you download STEAM, program in which i can BUY the game. But they dont have it for MAC OS , only for windows. They have other similar games to CS 1.6, for example CS Source and games like that. But i wanted Counter Strike 1.6 on my laptop.
Does anyone have any experience with installing this game already on their laptop or know i way i can download or buy somewhere else and make it work?
THANKS !

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can always install Windows on your MacBook Pro and then install Counter Strike 1.6. Have you thought about doing that? According to their web site it will run in XP and Vista and probably also in Win 7.

OP
P
Reaction score
i know i could do that but i would like to keep this OS running on my MacBook Pro..i dont wanna go back to windows -_-

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You might be able to get some emulation software to work with it (the fact that it's eight years old means that it actually could work). That said, you'd be much better off dual booting Windows and OS X. Create a small Windows partition and install CS 1.6 there. This will guarantee fewer headaches. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you don't want to install windows I'd seriously consider CS:Source. It's fundamentaly the same game, runs on Mac, has very modest system requirements and doesn't need any emulation etc it just works.

That said Crossover proffeses to be compatible with CounterStrike
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2035

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.