My Keyboard has amind of its own.

Reaction score
yesterday afternoon my dog knock over a cup of ice tea and a good portion of it landed ontop of my mac book keyboard. After a few hours had passed and i had dried and patted down the spilt beverage the bottom row of keyys stopped working. Now,as i sit on another computer when i hit a single key it acts as though i have my finger down on the key steady.

Is my computer ruined? will an external keyboard allow me to regain some control?
everything else is operating.It's just the keyboard.:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
There is no chance you got all the moisture out of the keyboard by letting it just sit there for a few hours and patting it down. Absolutely no chance. You may have something shorted out, or maybe (though far less likely) you have a mechanical failure from it being "sticky" due to sugar in the tea that got under the key. There is also the very distinct possibility that fluid got down into the motherboard of your MacBook and shorted something out, and not just something related to the keyboard. The longer you keep messing with this, the more likely you will short more things out. You really should get it to a pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I had an iBook G4 once and was able to pop the whole keyboard out by pressing a couple of tabs. If you can do this then remove it and let everything air dry. Otherwise default to the above sage advice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.