Help illustrator cnat find classic?

Reaction score
Right first things first.

i own a emac G4 ( all in the screen jobby ) i bought this a good few years ago off a man in the paper it came with no discs or anything just the screen keyboard and mouse.

i recently bought off ebay adobe illustrator 10 and its got all the keys/codes etc. When loading it up it gets so far then says

" A valid Classic environment was not detected.

support for running this Adobe application as a classic application will not be installed. To add classic support specify a classic environment, then rerun the installer"

i haven't got any discs to run classic, or what it needs. is there anywhere i can download the drivers for this to work?? Im a bit at understanding all of this so if anyone can help id be very thankful.

Cheers - Dave

Reaction score
It's just telling you if you want to run it in OS 9 also you need to install it - it should be installed for OS X and run fine there.
Some of those Adobe installers install for both environments.

OP
B
Reaction score
well it doesnt want to run for some reason. i also get a pop up saying this

"You do not have a version of Mac OS 9 installed that supports Classic. Install Mac OS 9.1 or later (Classic Support).
For more information about installing this support, click the Help button"

where can i download this from??

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
well it doesnt want to run for some reason. i also get a pop up saying this

"You do not have a version of Mac OS 9 installed that supports Classic. Install Mac OS 9.1 or later (Classic Support).
For more information about installing this support, click the Help button"

where can i download this from??

You cannot download it you have to buy it (e-Bay). And in case you didn't know...OS 9 was originally released October, 1999...that's over 11 years ago!!!

So you're really messing around with some REALLY old stuff!!!

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.