Macbook Air/Pro 13-inch questions/advice

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum and I have read a thousand reviews regarding the MB Air and the MB Pro 13-inch (Both with standard setups)

I intend to use it for my MBA course and also for some travelling. In my MBA course I'll have to use microsoft project and also microsoft one note, my intention is to use it through VMWare Fusion.

My question is, do you think the new MB Air can handle it? I couldn't find any performance reviews for this kind of use but everyone is saying they are blazing fast.

Also, is the sound quality from the MB air similar to the MB pro?

And last question: Is the low resolution from MB Pro a issue compared to the MB Air?

One foolish thing I dislike from the MB Air is the lack of that black layer which contours the screen in the MB Pro.

Thanks in advance, I know there are a thousand topics like this but I'd like to receive a more personal feedback from users like you.

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum and I have read a thousand reviews regarding the MB Air and the MB Pro 13-inch (Both with standard setups)

I intend to use it for my MBA course and also for some travelling. In my MBA course I'll have to use microsoft project and also microsoft one note, my intention is to use it through VMWare Fusion.

My question is, do you think the new MB Air can handle it? I couldn't find any performance reviews for this kind of use but everyone is saying they are blazing fast.

Also, is the sound quality from the MB air similar to the MB pro?

And last question: Is the low resolution from MB Pro a issue compared to the MB Air?

One foolish thing I dislike from the MB Air is the lack of that black layer which contours the screen in the MB Pro.

Thanks in advance, I know there are a thousand topics like this but I'd like to receive a more personal feedback from users like you.

It would be helpful to know what else you plan to use the MB Pro or MB Air for. The answer to your question depends on whether you also plan doing anything CPU or RAM intensive. Yes, the MB Air does have a SSD, which is very nice (I just installed one in my MB Pro two days ago), but the CPU isn't as fast, and if you are using a lot of power, that could be a bottleneck. If you could share some more of what you plan to use it for, that would be great.

I am not sure about the resolution or sound between the two. I would be interested to know that myself.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hello,

Well, I'm a power user and multi tasker, however I guess the most ram/processor expensive I'll use will be the VMware fusion with Windows 7 + MS Project. I won't do any Video / Sound editing.

Regarding the resolution, is it an issue for you and your MBP 13?

Reaction score
I recently bought the Late-2011 MacBook Pro 13" and I am 100% satisfied with it. I tried using the MBA at Best Buy and at the Apple Store and I could not get used to the size of it. However, the 13" MacBook Pro is a perfect form for portability and heftiness. It's not too big and not too small. I would highly recommend it, as it will come with more HDD space and a faster processor.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thank you GTANJ,

I decided to buy the MBP 13". It had a really good price on one huge brazilian franchise, even better than the Apple store prices due to the "black friday".

Have fun with yours :)!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.