The "Unofficial" Mac-Forums Guitar Thread!

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
BraymoddedPlexi.jpg

This is a Bray modded Plexi - the head shell actually came apart one day when I lifted it and I just haven't bothered to put a new one on - although I have one for it. It's purple and looks sweet. :)

In the year before I quite playing I had a Diezel, Splawn, Cameron Modded Plexi and a couple of others but I did manage to get myself to sell those.

TCElectronic.jpg

TC Electronic G-System.

I have hordes of other misc gear - some that I probably have forgotten about - practice amps, boutique effects pedals etc. In fact in the background there you can see a power soak that I bought to use with the Cameron Plexi - just to try to tame the volume a bit.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
BognerCube.jpg

A Bogner cube - great little cabinet. I also have 2 2x12 Bogner cabinets - I just forgot to take pics of those.

EVH5150IIIHalfStack.jpg

An EVH 5150 III Halfstack. The grill is off because I was experimenting with different tubes once upon a time.

I used to own the 5150II half stack when I was in college - sold that and FeDex managed to somehow lose the 4 x 12 cabinet in shipping. How in the world do you lose a 4 x 12 cabinet???

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Taylor614CE.jpg

A Taylor 614 CE - I also have a Washburn something or another - but didn't feel like taking a pic.

CaseGraveyard.jpg

Here's the guitar case graveyard underneath the basement steps. :)

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thus endeth, for now at least, my contribution to the 'Unofficial Guitar Thread'. Let's get some more posts in here - I always love looking at guitar related gear. :)

OP
Chuckoir
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
WOW, Brian. That is some serious gear you have there! No wonder you have a basement, you need it just to store all those cases!

I'm loving those Wolfgangs! Fancy swapping a couple for the SG? ;) The Peavey HP Special looks like it's got a bust string... You could send it my way and I could take a look at it for you?!... Can't guarantee that you'd ever see it again though!

I've always wanted a proper tube amp. My little VOX has a pseudo-tube in it, but it's just not the same. I keep walking into the local shop with the intention of trying out a few amps, but just keep getting drawn towards the guitars... I don't know why, I can only play one at a time!

Razor - That's one of the best looking compacts I've seen! Not usually a fan, but the colour of that one really does the trick. :)

I'll post a better pic of the SG, along with the acoustics, at the weekend when I get home because the crappy camera phone pic in my original post doesn't do it any justice.

As Brian said... Keep 'em coming! ;D

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Thus endeth, for now at least, my contribution to the 'Unofficial Guitar Thread'. Let's get some more posts in here - I always love looking at guitar related gear. :)

Actually, I think we have a serious contender for the title King Packrat, albeit of musical rather than computer equipment. ;)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Razor - That's one of the best looking compacts I've seen! Not usually a fan, but the colour of that one really does the trick. :)

Thanks,
As Brian said, it is a Traveler (EG-1 if I remember correctly). I got it for sitting in my recliner. There is just no comfortable way to play a full sized acoustic while relaxing in a La-Z Boy. :D

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks,
As Brian said, it is a Traveler (EG-1 if I remember correctly). I got it for sitting in my recliner. There is just no comfortable way to play a full sized acoustic while relaxing in a La-Z Boy. :D

True true - which is why I have an electric sitting next to the couch. That way back in the day - I could still noodle/practice - unplugged and still watch TV and only mildly annoy the wife.

Actually, I think we have a serious contender for the title King Packrat, albeit of musical rather than computer equipment.

Hmmmm....maybe - but any guitarist knows that one guitar just isn't enough. The one good thing is - just about everyone of those guitars and amps has increased in value.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That Amber flame is a sweet looking axe.
I'll trade ya my Ibanez for it. ;)

And you've already put up a pic of the Taylor for me.
Except mine's the baby brother - 414 CE.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That Amber flame is a sweet looking axe.
I'll trade ya my Ibanez for it. ;)

Haha - no sale, I'm not sure Ibanez makes a guitar that I truly like. Plus, I'll probably never part with that particular guitar.

The more observant readers will note a common trait across all of my guitars - anyone??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Haha - no sale, I'm not sure Ibanez makes a guitar that I truly like. Plus, I'll probably never part with that particular guitar.

The more observant readers will note a common trait across all of my guitars - anyone??

I will take a stab at it with it looks like every model has at least one set of double pickups DeMarzio Humbuckers maybe.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will take a stab at it with it looks like every model has at least one set of double pickups DeMarzio Humbuckers maybe.

No - and definitely not DeMarzios. Most have seymour duncans - I swapped in SD pups in my every day guitars (well, back when there was such a thing)

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No more guesses from all the guitarists here?

OP
Chuckoir
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wish I was more observant, but I can't even begin to guess!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Other than a tendency to break strings and procrastinate in replacing them . . . ;)

I haven't a clue

Haha - true - but only because a. I haven't been playing for the past 3.5 years and b. it's a royal pain in the butt to change strings on anything with a floyd.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I haven't a clue

Yes - but any guesses to offer here? ;D

Ok ok - All the guitars - with the possible exception of the Ibanez which I've never really used but has a very very thin finish - have unfinished necks. I love unfinished necks - and have never really liked the feel of a finished neck - which is probably the only reason there's no Gibson LP in that mix - as I'd love to have one. That, and the high raised bridge on those things. I might have accepted an answer that noted a heavy EVH influence in my gear as well. :)

OP
Chuckoir
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gah - I looked at all the necks closely and that didn't even enter my mind! But now you mention it, it's fairly obvious. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
I imagine there are a few people here who play guitar in some shape or form, so I thought it would be good if we had our own little corner of the Forum to discuss gear/share pics/Garage Band tips etc. etc.

Suppose I should start!

I've been playing for a couple of years, mainly electric although I do have a couple of Acoustic guitars lying around. Like to play most things, although I would say my 'niche' would have to be metal/rock/punk. Had about 6 months worth of lessons to get the basics down, and then went from there...

Onto the guitars...

Gibson SG Angus Young Signature 'Angus':-

IMG_20110522_135926.jpg

I 'inherited' this SG from my fiancee, after her father bought it for her, even though she can't play electric. So I was more than happy to receive! :D

An old Squier Affinity Strat 'Excalibur': -

25568191.jpg

eeea9873.jpg

I can't be the only person who names their guitars, can I?! :[

This was my first guitar, and has served me well. It's set up beautifully, and if I'm learning a new song, this is the guitar I will practice on... Because the Gibson is a cruel beast when you get it wrong!

I've also got a Fender and Epi. acoustic, but they are currently in storage, I'll post up pics of those at a later date - if this thread gets anywhere!

Finally, my amp. Vox VT 40+. I'm looking to get a 'proper' amp in the near future, but this one fulfills my needs for now!

0d1f7ef7.jpg

I'm more than expecting this thread to fall flat on it's face, and die a horrible death... But it would be nice if some of our other players would chime in every now and again! :)

that SG is beautiful!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Does anyone have an iPad guitar adapter? I'm not sure which one to get…

I'll only be using it to mess around a bit more with Garageband, so I'm not sure if I want to splurge for the pricier dock connector ones (especially since dock connector accessories tend to become incompatible with later device revisions).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.