macbook running slow

Reaction score
My macbook is more than three years old. Suddenly, it has started running slow. I only use the safari & pages. Both are problematic. I'm seeing lots of the spinning wheel and both crash.
Thanks for any wise words that might help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
If those are the only applications you are running, then something must be wrong. Try using an application like CleanMyMac to clean your notebook and see if that helps. If not, I'd suggest a fresh install of Mac OS X (Leopard or w.e version you have).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My macbook is more than three years old. Suddenly, it has started running slow. I only use the safari & pages. Both are problematic. I'm seeing lots of the spinning wheel and both crash.
Thanks for any wise words that might help.

Download the free OnyX and use it in automatic mode to clean out the caches, repair permissions, and so forth. Stay away from junk ware such as Clean my Mac or MacKeeper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But I've been using CleanMyMac for about six months now and it is one of the best applications I have had for my Mac. Why do you consider it junk ware?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Because it sometimes "cleans" things that do not need to be cleaned. :) Many folks have gotten into trouble using it and also MacKeeper. Do a search of our forums to get an idea.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I use it to clean the Caches and use AppZapper to completely remove applications. That duo work like a charm for me.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's because you downloaded the wrong version of OnyX. Go back and download the version that is for your version of OS X. Older versions are linked to on his home page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.