Syncing problem

Reaction score
android phone synced with Mac Os X and thereafter more than half my tel nrs are gone!

Any suggestions whether they are retrievable somewhere on my Mac? I do not know where to look. Did find a file called "Contacts 2" in .vcf format. Phone refuses to accept the file as it "does not recognize the format". How can I get the *.vcf Contact file into the correct format so that the phone will accept it?

Or: is there a simpler way to get my phone numbers back?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's always good practice to save your contacts to the SIM rather than the phone's memory. But you didn't tell us "how" you synced the contacts with your Mac?

OP
L
Reaction score
Really cannot remember - trying to get to know all the niceties of the Mac Os X after upgrading - in South Africa most people are on windows based microsoft pc's, so the support is scarce and still learning at my institution where only the graphics people and artists use Macs.
Suddenly a window came up (to do with a program that operates without attachment, cannot remember the name), with three blocks promising to sync all appliances. I took a chance with my android phone, and it worked! But thereafter i realized that the contacts were now on my Mac, and no longer on my phone...

OP
L
Reaction score
Two last questions:
How do I upload my Afrikaans dictionary so that it works in Outlook? I uploaded it to Library, but still my Afrikaans emails are changed into Dutch spelling. I do not seem able to get the "Language & text" settings to accept my chances.

Last question: everything now works fine, except when I enter my intranet which refuses to allow me into the deeper layers where financial approval lies. Something is wrong with the intranet access/Microsoft exchange settings to my institution. How can I see where the problem lies?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.