Safari Browser

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13. macbook pro. 2.7 ghz intel core i7
Does anyone have problems with safari browser or just me? It keeps freezing, i have to open a new tab and it will unfreeze and reload the page. Does anyone have suggestions or the same problem? Thanks.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You'll need to be a little more generous with the details. What version of Safari are you using? OS X version? Specs of your Mac? Does this happen with particular sites?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you're talking about a single tab freezing, but the rest of Safari is still working - yep - happens here at least once a day.

I'm almost positive it's something to do with how I'm touching the trackpad when scrolling or double finger tapping or something but still haven't been able to quite pin it down.

And only happens on the MBA with this fancy trackpad - have not been able to get either of my other Macs with older style trackpads to do it once.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13. macbook pro. 2.7 ghz intel core i7
i am running 5.1.1 on os x. and my specs are under my name. and it happens with every site. its the browser as a whole freezes the small loading symbol shows up, and what i do to fix it is i open a new tab. i would just close it. i found out that opening a new tab unfreezes the browser on accident. but it still freezes from time to time. i don't know why it does that. do most mac users use a different browser or do they stay with safari?

Reaction score
I am having problems today with Safari. I am using Mac version 10.6.8 with Safari 5.1.1.

Since I first used it, Safari has always been slightly prone to crashing, unlike Opera which I also use. Today, even though my history seems to be loading, the opening page tells me it cannot connect to the server and shows only the following connection information - http://i/

Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.