Mba or mbp!???

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new to this forum.
The reason why I register here is to ask this question and hope to get your suggestion....

I am a graphic designer, or multimedia....
I am targeting to buy a support machine for my graphic works.....
I use PC in my office its very good, and MBA will be my altering machine outside office.
Software I always use are:
- Photoshop, AI, Dreamweaver, Flash, ......etc.
- programming for APP, Xcode.
- aftereffect... mostly Typographic, some ligth efects
- music editing, NO 3d, just not my thing

Therefore, I am thinking to buy MBA 13" or MBP 13" (as similar price range, MBP 15" is too expensive for me...)

I am confusing about which one is the best for my case.....

Thnxs!!!

Reaction score
well I would go with the MBP just because you get way more storage than you would with the MBA.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
MBA or MBP can both handle your computing needs. They are both great machines. It comes down to storage space and upgradability. Which may or may not be important to you.

The MBA is sleek and fast. The only downside is the small storage space and it's difficult to upgrade the storage space or not practical to do so because of the outrageous cost. Therefore you would need to have some kind of external storage device.

The MBP does everything the MBA can and can be upgraded relatively easier if you ever choose to do so down the line.

They both are portable but obviously the MBA is more so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 15" MBP 2.6GHz i7, Late-2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5, Early-2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Xeon
MBP, it is easier to upgrade, you get more storage, and I THINK that the Pro's HDD will be more reliable the the Air's flash storage...

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks you all

well, im really looking for portability, and performance,
MBA 13" 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
128GB Flash Storage
1300$
this is the one im aiming for...

Against
MBP 13" 2.8GHz Dual-core Intel Core i7
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM — 2x2GB
750GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
1500 $

so its 200$ more, but im going for the SSD and thin design in the MBA, and i have a 2TB LaCie d2 Network 2 NAS, and a
Desktop Pc
Core i7 Quad-Core 2.80Ghz
8GB Corsair Ram 1333MHz
Ati Radeon HD 5750 1Gb
1TB Samsung 7200Rpm HD

so this laptop its going to be my secondary pc, but, like i said, sometimes you need to use your laptop as a first pc!

so im still a little indecisive...hope for your suggestions,

thaks again!!!

OP
E
Reaction score
NOTE: i live in south america!!! maybe my english it's not so good! o fluent!!! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core
Macbook Pro

I would definitely say go with the MBP, because if later there is new software that arrives that requires more processing power, you will be stuck in a rut. It's better to be safe than sorry. I personally think that the MBA are for the Apple consumers that love the name Apple and the cosmetics of apple, and all of the Pro Series Apple products are for those that need to get the work done period, and the stock Pro may still lack power. I am dealing with that now with my Mac Pro, I have to get more RAM for my Music editing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.