Where to buy OS X 10.5?

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting a new MacBook soon but I don't want Lion. I actually won't be buying a new MacBook unless I can get my hands on Leopard... That's how intense my pure hatred of Lion is. There's plenty of reasons, but I'm not here to discuss those! I'd just like to know where I can buy a new version of Leopard at. Not Snow Leopard, not Lion... Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
eBay
Don't forget to get a retail version DVD, black and purple with silver X across it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I dont know why you hate Snow leopard so much. The only place you can buy copies now is from ebay. Leopard prices have come down but are still pricy, Snow Leopard is still setting around the $30 mark.

So if you want to pay more, buy Leopard, Snow Leopard is cheaper, and as an operating system is pretty identical to Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Uh… I hate to break this to you, but if you get a new MacBook, it's not likely that you will even be able to run Leopard due to lack of driver support for the new hardware. You probably can't even run Snow Leopard since the MacBook Pros were refreshed after Lion was released.

OP
P
Reaction score
Uh… I hate to break this to you, but if you get a new MacBook, it's not likely that you will even be able to run Leopard due to lack of driver support for the new hardware. You probably can't even run Snow Leopard since the MacBook Pros were refreshed after Lion was released.
Oh heck, really? The people at our little 'Authorized Apple Dealer' store told me I could... Not sure why I trusted them, considering this wouldn't be the first time they've completely messed me over. Yikes. Thank you for letting me know before I went out and bought one, though. I'll definitely do some more research now. Sigh!

louishen1330032 said:
I dont know why you hate Snow leopard so much. The only place you can buy copies now is from ebay. Leopard prices have come down but are still pricy, Snow Leopard is still setting around the $30 mark.

So if you want to pay more, buy Leopard, Snow Leopard is cheaper, and as an operating system is pretty identical to Leopard
I dislike Snow Leopard's 'organized' Exposé. Other than that, it's great. I'd just rather use Leopard since a few of my apps are old and don't offer upgrades for Snow Leopard.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As lifeisabeach stated, a new MacBook Pro means running Lion. No way around it since Leopard nor Snow Leopard will install. Suggest you look for a used model before the 2010 issue if you want to run Leopard.

OP
P
Reaction score
As lifeisabeach stated, a new MacBook Pro means running Lion. No way around it since Leopard nor Snow Leopard will install. Suggest you look for a used model before the 2010 issue if you want to run Leopard.
Ah, thank you very much! That's quite sad. I'm glad I didn't spend my money on a new model already... I'm disappointed that the people at the 'Apple' store didn't even give me the correct information. Ah, well.

Thank you all very much for the help! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.