Need Urgent Help. Statistical software PSPP running on 10.5.8 crashing upon open.

Reaction score
Please HELP!! Running Statistical Software Problem!

If anyone could lend a technical hand to my problem, I would appreciate it as I know how great this company's fellow users are at helping one another. That being said, the problem I am experiencing may be have an easy solution but I just fail the technical savvy to produce it. I am trying to run this free statistical software PSPP downloaded from Jeremy Lavergne - PSPP . The program was successful in installing onto my Mac OS X v 10.5.8. When I try to open the program it directly crashes prompting the "The application unexpectedly quit." window. I am direly in need of this statistical program. All other programs owned by large corporation are charging in the range of $1000 for their software. As I am a current college student (yes, AKA broke) it is imperative I obtain access to the program. Any advice or know how would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Loyal Macintosh User and (Broke) College Student,
Tyler

I thought I'd add that I haven't tried much. Initially, after experiencing the problem several times, I moved the program to the Trash, but immediately took it out and back into my Apps folder. I googled the problem and retrieved, what seems to be, valuable information from this link How to fix PSPP’s psppire crashing right after launch (Mac OS 10.5.8) « Things I tend to forget . It simply lacks the depth in steps on how to perform the fix.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Unless you like a ton of spam in your inbox, I'd strongly encourage you to remove your email address and not put it publicly accessible in a forum again.

(And a single post should do.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.