Apple display 22" Power light flickering

Reaction score
I have a G5 which is running my 22" cinema display, I have just purchased another screen so I can run them together. I have a dvi converter box which I know works but the problem is with my 2nd screen.

The power light is constantly flickering randomly with no sequence. The image sometimes appears for several seconds and then goes off to a black screen. The picture comes on at random times. When the picture does appear the light becomes stable but then within a few seconds it goes back to flickering. I tried connecting the 2nd screen on its own but the same problem occurs so its definitely the screen.

Can anybody identify the problem and tell me if its possible to fix

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
My first guess would be a problem with the power supply of the 2nd display.

OP
D
Reaction score
My first guess would be a problem with the power supply of the 2nd display.

Sorry I should have mentioned this is the 22" which is powered from the ADC plug so there is no external supply. The Graphic card supplies the power. The graphics card is a GeForce FX 5200 64mb.

The screen is functioning as the mouse cursor goes into the other screen and also you can move windows and the browser window over to the other screen

OP
D
Reaction score
After opening the screen I disconnected the wire which leads to the power and brightness controls and the screen stays on perfectly. It means I can't adjust the brightness or use the power button to start or turn off the mac but because its the 2nd screen it turn on and off when I start the main screen or the tower.

Is there a way of adjusting the brightness? or is it disabled because the wire is disconnected?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.