Need help with ibook G4

Reaction score
Ok so I traded for this laptop and am trying to reset bk to factory settings. However I don't have the operating discs. This is the information that i know about it.

iBook G4

Operating system

processer speed
1ghz

does anyone have the operating system they could email me??

Im new to this site and new to macs. I could really use some help here so any you give me would be great. THANKS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Your going to need the install discs for the OS that came with the iBook (probably Jaguar 10.2), or a generic Leopard disc if you want to stick to 10.5.
No way of doing it without.

OP
C
Reaction score
okay what about the system prefrences?? is there anyway to get that back on here? ive looked on here and found a thread where a guy was having the same problem and someone emailed it to him. is that possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Not sure what you mean? If you have the OS running, then system preferences is available to you in the Apple menu.

OP
C
Reaction score
the OS is up and running yes. but the person that had this computer before me had either deleted it or something else happened because system preferences is not on here anymore. i can click on the apple logo and drop down to system preferences but when i click on it nothing happens. and when i go through the harddrive manually and try to find it, i cant. so im trying to figure out a way to either get it bk on here or reboot the OS with out the disc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok. That's very odd indeed. It should be in the applications folder, and I assume it's not
Hard to delete it too.
You could try running disk utility from the aplications>utilities folder, run permissions repair and verify the HD. It may highlight some issues, and it could fix some, but you may find it won't repair if there are major problems.
You would be able to run FSCK if that's the case though.
No guarantee this will restore SP, but worth a try, it won't hurt.

OP
C
Reaction score
that didnt work either. and im having trouble getting the OS reloaded because i cant get it loaded onto a disc or flashdrive because its to big for them so im having trouble with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.