iMac G3/333 Tray-Load - Will not boot any Mac install media

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got my hands on a tray load G3 iMac, and I'm trying to do a system wipe with my retail 9.2.2 cd (it worked on the other two iMacs.) I have the cd in the drive, and it's showing up perfectly fine in Finder, but I'm not able to select the CD as a start up disc. Holding C at boot just leaves the machine at a light grey screen, holding opt to bring up the chooser does nothing. I tried a 10.1 retail install disc as well, with the same issue, However it will boot from a ubuntu linux CD perfectly fine. I've tried resetting the NVRAM/PRAM and its still doing the same thing. The machine currently has 9.0.4 on it. Any ideas for a solution?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Hmm, that's very strange. There may be some sort of administrative block preventing the boot of any CD's. Which I've seen before, especially if the iMac was in a school at one point.

Are you currently logged as an administrator, or as a user? (with limited permissions)

OP
I
Reaction score
Like I said, the machine is only running OS 9.0.4, so how would I go about checking that? I can boot into open firmware fine as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.