Keychain access

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 iMac, 2017 MBA
As I have only joined this forum today I am not sure if I am asking the following question in the correct forum but here goes. I have had my iMac for only a few days and this is the only serious glitch I have found so far.
When my iMac is woken in the morning it it sometimes tells me that my wi-fi access has timed out and asks me to log on. Then the problems start as by following the prompt boxes it will not accept my password. I also get a request to modify Keychain access. I would like to disable all these password stages as I am the only user. Question: is it possible? If not can anyone tell my why iMac will not accept my valid password and offers me the options to "go back" or "quit", neither option will solve the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Be sure your keychain password is what you think it is. Be sure the WIFI password is in the login keychain.

Worst case scenario, delete the WIFI keychain item and recreate it by disconnecting and reconnecting to the WIFI network after deletion.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 iMac, 2017 MBA
Thanks for the assist. When I click on the padlock in Keychain and enter my password (8 digits) it clicks open so I assume that is my Keychain password. The password for my wi-fi is the same as that used for my Vista laptop where it always works OK. How do I get keychain to reveal the password that it has stored?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.