Macbook Pro Problems

Reaction score
Hi all
I was hoping that somebody could help me with this problem I've been having before i go to apple to argue my case.
In July, right around the lion release, i started having difficulties with my macbook pro. It is a 13", 2010 model that has a 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo processor, 8 GB of ram, and a 500GB hard drive. Ever since around the lion release (so late june, early july) I've been having what i think are hard drive issues. I can not even play my iTunes library without the music skipping mid-song like a record ever 5-10 seconds. It is the most annoying thing ever. Ive called apple before, and they had me verify permissions and repair disc permissions. But it never really helped. It helped a little but still skipped. I've also monitored the cpu usage during song playback and it still skips, even if the computer is sitting there with nobody on it, and no other programs running. I also have my whole iTunes on my iPod where the songs work fine, so i know it is not my music files. Im kind of stuck in a corner because my warranty expired in june. Im hoping i can figure it out or convince apple to replace the hard drive or at least figure out what is wrong with it.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 13 2.5GHz 121GB SSD
create a new user account, copy some of the music files over to it, and see if they skip when played there. If so it's likely a hardware problem. If they play fine then you've at least narrowed down the issue.

OP
E
Reaction score
Ive reinstalled osx. Still does it. Pretty much gotta be a hardware issue. Hopefully apple will still stand behind their Product....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.