Pda

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
With the sad news that there is a good chance that Palm will switch to windows mobile for its handhelds what is a guy to do. I would like to update my pda. (I use a sony th55 but it is useless if I completly switch to mac) I use my pda everyday. Not just time management but I use docs to go to manage and update case notes, I also use avantgo. Wireless is nice but there are almost no hotspots here so it is lost on me. Any ideas on a good pda (without that stupid qwerty keyboard). I like the new palm t/x.

bone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Palm is just "thinking about" releasing some models (more Treos) with Windows Mobile. They still have to wait and see what happens with the last experiment. I like to think about Palm PDAs as Apple computers/notebooks, they age better than Windows PCs and Windows Mobile PDAs, so i wouldn't worry about getting that new Palm, i have seen the specs and is great, i have seen it in real life and i drool all over the floor.
Also, have you tried to sync your Clie with a Mac but using other kind of software than the one you got with it?

OP
boneheadz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I saw the TX in real life today and was not impressed. As for syncing, I have never had any luck even using Markspace. It is the only hold back from moving completly to mac. I have considered the E2 but I don't think that it supports tiger.

bone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Acording to iSync list of compatible devices all PalmOne PDAs should be compatible. It is not surprising that a Sony device is not compatible with Mac, none of its other devices (besides the PSP) is compatible. I asume you have tried to sync using the software from Palm's website, so i have no other idea how to solve it, my experience with Palms is limited. I'm sure if you check another website (PDA related) you might get better information, try Brighthand's forums.

OP
boneheadz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
According to that list I would need markspace for the E2. I have to say that I really wish there was a mac specific pda out there. I became hooked on outlook and my pda and it is like crack to me. I even use beyond contacts on the pda to simulate outlook. I would love to break my addiction by the time I buy an imac. I sometimes dream at night of a apple pda that matches my ibook and syncs perfectly.

Edit:
Just found this and I so wish it was really, but I also wish my friends were real too.

bone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Oh, that dream... i cry everytime i realize is too far from becoming true... no kidding, i do cry.
Remember the E2 is part of the Tungsten line, it should work.

OP
boneheadz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I forgot to put the link up in my last post.

This thing is right out my dream.

inote

bone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.