Lost my I phone, Just got a replacement

Reaction score
Hey

Quick story and a quick question here.

I lost my I phone 4 (yes I am gutted) no insurance and no tracking app I cut my losses and called orange to bar the phone and send me a new sim. For a replacement handset they wanted £420. What a rip off.

So anyway I've bought one off ebay however the handset is locked to 3 mobile so the question I have is this.

To jailbreak it will I need a 3 sim card in there to begin with? Do I even need to jailbreak it or is there another way around?

All my apps I already have are saved to my account on i tunes will I be able to just put them all back and update my phone as usual?

Any help is appreciated, and I know, I know, jailbreaking I phones may not be cool but I'm just after the advice. Thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I don't know how but I think there is a way to unlock the phone. Did the Ebay seller tell you it was locked to that carrier?

OP
P
Reaction score
Hey

Yeah it's locked to 3, a quick search says it can be unlocked again so that's not too much of an issue, I'm more concerned with getting all my old apps back when I connect it to I tunes and updating the phone from then on.

I really don't care for downloading apps for free I just want all my twitter, instagram and all my other time wasting social networking apps back

C

chas_m

If that new iPhone is on iOS 5 then I'm afraid you have been misinformed, there is NO working untethered unlock for the iPhone 4 and 4S at this point to the best of my knowledge.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.