Logic Pro Studio - Midi controllers (Music Production)

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a mac mini and am using Logic Pro Studio and i am now looking for a midi keyboard controller but not really sure what are the best to use and if all are compatible. What i need answering is the following:

Are there any models out there which will not work with Logic Pro Studio or are most compatible.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Most should work, as long as the correct drivers are installed..

I'm a huge fan of M-Audio's products.. I used to have an Axiom 49 that worked great. Mind you, I never used it with Logic (was using Garageband/Ableton Live at the time), but knowing M-Audio, their hardware is compatible with all the big DAW's.

Reaction score
You should be fine. I have never seen a midi controller that wouldn't work with a particular DAW. I too like M-Audio's stuff, but Novation makes some very nice controllers that enable you to use their AutoMap software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
The main issue with MIDI controllers is making sure you frequently update the firmware and drivers from the manufacturers website.
This will ensure stability of using the hardware with your software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.