Time Machine and iPhoto

Reaction score
Is there a way to use Time Machine to restore individual photos from iPhoto? Awhile ago I exported a bunch of older photos from iPhoto to free up some hard drive space and I recently discovered that I apparently "exported as original" on several and lost the edits. But back in Time Machine I know must live the versions I wish to recover. It doesn't seem obvious to me how to do anything other than restoring the entire library.

Any tips on this?

Thanks,
Dante

early 2008 White 13" MacBook 4,1; 2.4 GHz C2D; 2GB; 160 GB; 10.6.8

OP
D
Reaction score
iPhoto and Time Machine--cross post

No responses on the Operating System forum, so I thought I'd try this one...

Is there a way to use Time Machine to restore individual photos from iPhoto? Awhile ago I exported a bunch of older photos from iPhoto to free up some hard drive space and I recently discovered that I apparently "exported as original" on several and lost the edits. But back in Time Machine I know must live the versions I wish to recover. It doesn't seem obvious to me how to do anything other than restoring the entire library.

Any tips on this?

Thanks,
Dante

early 2008 White 13" MacBook 4,1; 2.4 GHz C2D; 2GB; 160 GB; 10.6.8

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Merged threads - please do not crosspost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.