How do I get my ipod in my car?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
I want to get my ipod to play through my car cd player but without using a tape deck or FM modulator. Could someone please help me out on the way to do it, or a link? Thanks, Luke

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
It depends on your car. Or, to be more specific, on the radio in your car.

Some car stereos have AUX-IN jacks. If that's the case, all you need to do is plug a patch cable into the radio and the iPod.

Many factory-installed radios have CD changer options. If you do not have a changer, that means there should be an unused connection either behind the radio or (likely) in the trunk. There are companies that sell products that plug into these connectors and essentially create an auxiliary-in jack.

Other than these options, your only choice is to get a new car stereo with an AUX-IN jack. I've seen models at Best Buy and Circuit City for under $100 that have this.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
go to crutchfield.com and click on the what fits my car option (its on the right top side of the screen), then once you have finished that, do a search for ipod, it will give you a choice of either ipod in your house, or ipod in your car, choose in your car, and it will show you what adapter will plug into the cd player you have in your car.

I bought this for my wife, it is quite expensive, but it fullfils what she wanted, an easy to use interface for her ipod mini, and a dvd player for the little guy in the back.

link: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Pc9UFh...w.asp?i=020VRX755&g=168550&search=clarion+dvd

you would think that after paying over 1,000 for this dvd player, they would throw the ipod connector cable in for free, but they gotta make an additional 50 bucks off ya.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.