Wireless Jukebox

Reaction score
Hello

I'm quite chuffed to be here; I've used this forum many times in the past for a whole manner of things and I thought it was about time that I joined up, shared my ideas and asked questions too. Please forgive me if there is something similar here, but I have had a search around to no avail...

So, here's the deal. I've got an Extreme on it's way this week, and I intend to hook it up to my 1 TB USB HDD. All of my music (I'm ridding my shelves of the 330 something CD's that live in the front room) is on the HDD and I would like to know if there is any way that the drive can be used via the iPhone or an iPad?

What are your thoughts?

S :Blushing:

C

chas_m

There are a few specific brands of media servers that can be hooked up to stereos and controlled via apps or browsers, but you didn't specify what HD you have so I can't say, but unless you bought one that advertised this feature very specifically, the answer is "no, not directly."

Obviously it could if the drive is hooked directly to a Mac running iTunes ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.