virtual machine and bootcamp in sync

Reaction score
i got a new macbook pro, it has 8gb ram and 2.5 ghz quad core i7. i used to run bootcamp but hated going back and forth. ive had an idea and im wondering: Will it work? and how do i make it work?
i want to get a virtual machine program such as vm ware and install windows, also i was going to partition my hard drive for bootcamp and install windows. the reason for this is that i run games on windows so when i want ot play games ill need the speed the bootcamp partition but when i want to just use windows for somthing quick i can use my viturtual machine. basically is there any way to make them run in sync? can i save all my windows stuff on my mac partition and when i use virtual machine it will save to that? how can i do that ? can i do that?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, yes, and yes. VMWare Fusion and Parallels both with virtualize a Boot Camp installation so you can have the best of both worlds.

OP
S
Reaction score
now this is the hard part... how??? i just need a general overview i can figure the rest... like how to i make it synchronized?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.0 I7, Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz 15, Macbook 2.16Ghz, Imac 3.2GHz 21.5, Macbook Pro 13 2.23Ghz
Install Fusion.

Click on run bootcamp

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Because it's the same partition and the same Windows running, they will remain in sync. Please read the instructions for Fusion and the Boot Camp Assistant. Also read through our Sticky Post at the top of the "Running Windows.." forum.

OP
S
Reaction score
wait but i want to be able to run the virtual machine while booted up in OS X. does vm ware or any other have an option for this already made into their program cuz i havent dowloaded/purchased any programs yet.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wait but i want to be able to run the virtual machine while booted up in OS X.

That's how virtual machines operate. Now, do some research as I suggested above.

Reaction score
thats what i have, vmware fushion, and i can have both systems running at the same time, windows 7 and osx lion. from what ii understand you cant run windows in boot camp and osx at the same time, one or the other. i would of went the boot camp way but i would of had to buy the windows 7 disk. you can check the boot camp verses vmware fushion verses parallels. day 3 now with fushion and no real problems to speak of.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.