Download Mac App Store apps away from Mac OS X

Reaction score
I need to download Xcode for OS X Lion and so far it seems that the only way to get it is through the Mac App Store. I own an iMac and (due to geography) my only ISP option involves a 5GB monthly data cap. Since Xcode is 1GB+, I cannot do it at home on my Mac and still have data to do all my day to day activities. I do not have a MacBook to download elsewhere with, but I do own a windows notebook and an iPad. Is there a way to directly download Xcode 4.2.1 for OS X Lion in my web browser?

Thanks,
~ Chris

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is there a way to directly download Xcode 4.2.1 for OS X Lion in my web browser?

Read the following info from Apple with regard to downloading XCode. LINK

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks, but this doesn't help. I have OS X Lion and qualify to download for free via the Mac App Store, but cannot at home on my Mac due to ISP issues. I do, however have a notebook computer running Wimdows that I can take to my local public library and download on their WiFi. What I need to know is if it is possible to download a Mac App Store app via a web browser and then transfer the DMG to my Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.